November Weekend Things

Is it just me, or does time seem to fly after Halloween? I'm not even going to try to quantify what we're doing because on paper it doesn't sound like much, but that (and agonizing about the projects I can't start until all three munchkins are in school, tbh) don't seem to give us much breathing room. We were lucky to break out of our normal routine this weekend, though.

Last night, we headed over to watch the Texas State men's basketball team beat the Air Force Academy and got to see the new renovations the arena. The kids enjoyed getting to meet Boko and high five the players as they took their victory lap through the stands (and so thankful for friends who work in the athletic department to keep us abreast of the traditions, share their comp tickets, and show us around the VIP suite after the spectators clear out!)

We got up early for soccer, only to find that it was cancelled due to yesterday's rain and the fields being flooded. Instead, we went to breakfast, sent my sister pictures of the weird five-pronged fork on display at the restaurant, then ran errands. I tried to convince Clint to let me get a pet snake, but he wasn't having it. He was a pastel ball python and the PetsMart associate took him out of his tank to let me hold him. He immediately curled up in my hands, trying to keep warm, then eventually popped his head up to check me out. The kids were curious about whether I was scared or if he was going to bite me, but I explained to them that ball pythons are really docile and just want to stay warm...if I'd put him around my neck, he'd have slithered into my hair or down my shirt, but they weren't buying it. I think they were more shocked to see me holding a snake, nevermind that I have any experience handling them. True story: a ball python named Archie once stole my shoe. What he planned to do with it? I have no idea. But he sure did wrap his tail around the strap of my sandal and get to steppin' (slithering?)...whatever. He took it. And one day, I will have a nope rope to call my own.

The beer of the weekend was called Snipe Hunt. Anyone else ever been on one? Tell me about it. For the record, that may be a contributing factor as to why I have a hard time trusting church people.

Anyhoo...what are you doing?



Comments

Popular Posts