Rant for 11/18/2018

Back to basics...lol. I have no focus, but I sure do have opinions. They aren't well-articulated, but I certainly do have them. If you read, you get to hear them. Lucky you!


  • I went for a 4.5 mile skate yesterday and I thought I was going to seriously injure myself and have to walk back home. Thankfully, I did not, but I did discover a goat that started bleating at me through the fence when I tripped over a crack in the sidewalk right behind his yard. Clint thought I was hallucinating and that no one could possibly be hiding a goat in our neighborhood until I clarified that it wasn't our neighborhood. Those lucky folks don't have an HOA keeping them from living their lives.
  • Speaking of skating, I just found out the MSRs are just over a month away. Before attending my first practice in September, I hadn't put on skates in 12 years. I've been making incredible progress, but no way I'll be ready for this without a freaking miracle. I'll be skating every chance I get between now and then, but I really need a better place to practice where the surfaces aren't so uneven.
  • I'm obsessing over real estate stuff again. I know some people looking to remodel their home and I'm sending about a million pictures to them as examples of what people in their area with similar homes have done. I LOVE older houses because they actually have some architectural variety and personality to them, so the prospect of possibly influencing some decisions on a massive 1970's ranch makes me giddy...because honestly, as much as I love my neighborhood, I hate my house because it looks just like every other house on the block and there's no way to change it.
  • My diet is all over the place again. I feel like crap, like I'm getting weaker, but still somehow can't seem to make good choices. I have a focus meeting on Wednesday and I'm probably going to cry. I don't want to, and I shouldn't because I'm only sabotaging myself. I just wish I could stop...and also stop getting jealous of people who are reaching their goals. Lemme drink on this awhile...
But dear Lord, look at this sunset. I'm going to bawl my eyes out when the developers get a hold of the farmland in our area...what's the point of living in a big place like Texas if they're just going to pack the houses in like sardines?!?!

Comments

Popular Posts