Workout Things

Anyone who followed before my freakout and subsequent redo knows that this started as a fitness accountability journal with other random stuff thrown in. I spent years bouncing from one thing to the next, trying to find something I loved and could stick to in the long run, wondering what would yield the results I was looking for, etc. About a year ago I started seeing adds for a new boot camp starting up in my area that boasted 45 minute workouts and free childcare. Ummm...ok.

First of all, childcare is a deal breaker for me, since I literally can't even entertain the idea of going somewhere without it. But 45 minutes? I was spending well over twice that, sometimes twice a day, working out. Then a few of my neighbors were signing up for the free 30 day trial and the peer pressure got to me. I ended up walking in for my first workout, not sure what to expect and honestly a little scared off by their enthusiasm and starting every class with a round of high-fives. 15 minutes in, I was sweating profusely. The day after, I could barely move. After 30 days, I was ready to commit.

I have been going 5-6 days per week since January and honestly couldn't be happier with Burn Boot Camp. I have seen so many changes in my fitness over these last several months and made more progress than was ever on my radar before...specifically that I can now do numerous burpees, push-ups, monkey bars, and even unassisted pull-ups are on the horizon. The trainers have somehow managed to build individual relationships with over 300 regular clients, so even though there are several people in each camp I go to, they're watching, handing me heavier weights, helping me modify when necessary, reminding me to get lower because it will help my roller derby form (!), and cheering me on for my successes. In all honesty, this is a gym I didn't know I needed.

Diet wise, they're helping me find a sustainable approach to eating. For now, carb-cycling seems to be where it's at. I've broken out of the plateau I hit after my third baby was born. I still have 10-15 lbs to go before I return to my pre-preggo weight, but I've lost the rolls I had on my back from around my bra band and I'm actually seeing muscles. Lots of them. I've been putting in the work for years, but it's nice to finally see them being uncovered.

I guess this turned into more of a testimonial than I intended, but I've found a good place, physically and mentally, for my fitness goals. I'm all about people finding what works for them, whether it be running, lifting, alone, or with a group. But this is the push I needed and a community I've grown attached to 💗

Comments

Popular Posts