Starting Over

     Last week I had a bad day, in the midst of which I took my blog offline and deleted every single post. Six years of writing, gone. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. When I started it, I was new to the SAHM gig, reading a lot of healthy living blogs, and ultimately not being true to my own voice or experiences. I am not an expert on anything, hold no certifications, and don't want personal information about my kids out on the web. However, I still feel the need to write on occasion, so I'm refocusing.
     I'm Heather. I'm married to my best friend and we have three crazy, adorable children and two geriatric pit bulls (also crazy and adorable). Our house is chaotic and messy, but bursting at the seams with unconditional love and support from our families and friends. I struggle with depression, anxiety, and food, but I also genuinely enjoy working out and pushing myself every day because those endorphins are real. I'm a late bloomer when it comes to table-top gaming, but have found that Dungeons and Dragons is a lot of fun (and another excuse to hang out with my favorite people). Sometimes I like to garden, but sometimes I step in ant hills while pulling weeds and lose my enthusiasm. I like to think of that cycle as a good metaphor for life in general...the constant ebb and flow, seasons of things, and whatnot. I suppose that's really what this blog is about...my interests and little observations I make along the way.
     Thanks for checking in. And if you read, please take a moment to introduce yourself <3

Comments

Popular Posts